Friday, December 12, 2008

Button Journal

Sorry I haven't made one in a while. I want to do at least one a week. But I had a retreat last weekend, and I have exams coming up. But don't worry. I have many ideas!

Here is this cool journal I thought I would share with you. I think this has to be one of my favorite diy's ever. It is just so cute. So you will need:
  • lots of colorful buttons
  • a journal
  • glue
  • (possibly paint)
Ok so first you paint your journal. I only did because my journal was old and I just didn't like the color. But this step you can skip. Then get out your glue. I just use some simple Elmer's glue. Then just randomly glue your buttons on the journal cover.

Tip: I like to use big buttons and small ones to make a more random pattern. Plus if you have a bunch of small ones you can put them in between the bigger ones. Also don't be afraid to let there be spaces in between the buttons. And the glue will dry clear! So just wait a while.

Now that your cover is all filled up, let it sit and dry for about a day. But I let mine go a day or two, just to make sure. And it stays well. I have had mine for the longest time, about a year or so. If you have any questions just comment. And tell me what you think :)


5 comments:

Songy said...

Welcome to the blogsphere. Would you call yourself a 'style' blogger? If yes, there are lots of cool and interesting people you could meet. Not that other bloggers are not cool.. it's just that is where I hang out the most. :)

That button journal idea is rather cute.

Girl Next Blog said...

Thank you for stopping by :)

Your blog is so cute and handy.

I hope I'll see you soon

xx

Allie said...

That is adorable! I love journals, great easy idea for adding some flair :)

And welcome to blogosphere...as Songy said.

Unknown said...

awww kute journal!

cherie said...

this is so nice! just in time for coz i want to decorate my planner!