Saturday, November 29, 2008

redo them ornaments - diy

So I did something I really liked yesterday. I was putting together our Christmas tree and so I was looking at some ornaments. One I really liked but it wasn't that cute. Well it was, but it needed some sprucing up. So I got out my nail polish and did some stuff. I love what I did I will put the pictures up asap, but I just wanted to say I love this and I'm happy its my first DIY!
So what I did was I just took some cheep nail polish and Qtips and dipped the Qtips into the nail polish and did some decorating. you can do any sort of design you want I like this simple one. It just adds a little something extra to it. If you can see I also painted over it all with some clear sparkly polish to add some shine. And thats it. It takes as long for it to dry as your nails do. :D

Oh and NYC has cute cheep nail polish for only about 94cents if you don't want to use up any nicer nailpolish. (but hey it still works really great on your nails too.)

5 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Love it!!!

xoxox,
CC

cherie said...

thanks for visiting my blog Danielle!
such a nice idea of your DIY. ;)

Kira Aderne said...

Hi!!

It is really cute!
Thanks a lot for passing at my blog! Be welcome any time!

a kiss,
see you,
Kira

Seeker said...

This is such a nice DIY!!! Great idea :)

Thank you for being at my blog and left such nice words.

Keep in touch when you feel like it ;)

xoxo

What is Reality Anyway? said...

i love making ornaments!